ЧАСТЬ V. УЧЕБНЫЕ МАТЕРИАЛЫ ДЛЯ ЧТЕНИЯ И ПЕРЕВОДА Text 7
1. The United States of America lies in ihe central part of the North American Continent with theAtlantic Ocean to the East,the Pacific Ocean to the West, Canada to the North and Mexico and the Culf of Mexico to the South.
2. The USA covers the area of about 3.000.000 square miles. The population of the country is 250 million people.
3. The climate of the country is varied. One can find high mountains and prairies, tropical heat and arctic cold, valleys and deserts because the country occupies nearly half of the all continent .
4. The USA is a highly developed industrial country. The main branches of industry are electronic, electrical, metallurgical, textile, chemical and many others. The largest cities of the USA are New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and others.
5. The USA is a federation of 50 states, which was established by the Constitution in 1787. Each state has its own government and its own capital city. The Federal Government is headed by the President and the Congress, consisting of Senate and the House of Representatives.